Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Silliness


Hi there!  Some of you may be wondering if I have died.  I am here to tell you that I have not, but I have become very VERY busy.  After my wonderful adventure in China, I landed a job teaching orchestra, so adding that to my violin teaching schedule has me completely tied up.  Heather Rae's Creations is still operational, just on a much smaller scale than before.  Blog posts here will be few and far between, but stay tuned for fun updates!

My sister got married last weekend, and I was lucky enough to take some bridals for her a month or so before her big day.  Here are a couple of our favorites:



Not too long after that, I decided to do a little shoot at the local Veteran's Memorial Park.  I have, in fact, been feeling rather patriotic lately.  Here's my best shot from that day:

My most recent photography escapade was very fun!  My friend and I went first to Maverick (it is adventure's first stop, so where else would be start?) and got snacks and gas, then we headed up the canyon.  The things we saw were absolutely amazing!


After our first stop on yellow lane (my new name for it) we went to a little maple grove we discovered last year (where I also had to practice my China squatting skills), and I loved these flaming maple leaves.


We were about to leave our little maple grove when we spotted this creature way up high in a tree.  With a little, well, pestering, we got this caterpillar down on the ground where we could shoot him, and also managed to get him on a pretty leaf.  So the shot was set up, we didn't find it like this, I am sorry to say.


After a little research, we discovered that he is a banded tussock moth caterpillar.  Cute little thing, right?!  Until he turns into a moth, that is!  He was about the size of my thumb, so not too small actually.  Although minus the fuzz he's probably quite scrawny.  Anyway, we also found this video of another tussock moth caterpillar training for a marathon (or trying to get away from a curious photographer, one or the other.)



Stay tuned for more grand adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment