Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shop News Saturday!

Welcome to Shop News Saturday! I have a lot of news for you, but don't worry, I will give you to version I would want to read myself!

My Spring Fever Frenzy sale ended last night. I made a few sales, and was glad to hear a customer who was excited at getting new jewelry at a great price! So fun. I also spent a lot of time networking, so I have more Facebook "likes" , Twitter followers, and blog readers. Also, I won a blog giveaway! I am SUPER excited! I won these adorable measuring cups from Jill's blog Inside Out:


Last Saturday, I went on an exciting adventure just south of Cedar City and got some great shots! Here are a few examples:





It turned out to be an even greater adventure than I had planned, as my friend's truck (R. T. Vance Photography) got impossibly stuck in some beautiful red sand. We got back into town late, and he didn't get his truck out until the next day. What a night!

On Tuesday, we went out shooting again after I taught violin lessons in Beaver. I got a couple fun shots out there:




I spent some time the last couple weeks making baby bracelets for summer festivals and such. They're so cute!



Yesterday, I did a portrait session with my little sister. The thought of portraits makes me really nervous, so I am glad I can practice on her! Junior Prom is coming up, so we did some shots in her dress. Here are our favorites:






That's about it for this week (finally). Thanks for reading!

Heather Rae

5 comments:

  1. That is an awesome dress!

    You have a fine art of understatment. That was the most frustrating experiance I'd had in months being stuck in the sand. I tell you any body else but you with me and I'd have been so upset, but you just laughed and made everything alright. Thank heavens I've got the most awesome freinds who came to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! you did such a good job with her portraits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shot of her shoes! Lovely! And those baby bracelets are so darling! I think I need to figure out some summer festival type things to do. I have never done a craft fair or anything like that. There is one that I want to do in November... but that is SO far away. I'd like to try one a bit sooner... as like a practice run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on winning that blog giveaway, Heather. Those measuring cups are super adorable. Lucky you!

    And wow, it looks like you had a long, fun-filled weekend. I love the pictures of your sister. The color of her prom dress is so pretty and her glittery shoes are icing on the cake. ♥ ♥ ♥

    - Grace

    P.S. Thanks for becoming a blog follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for reading, and for your comments! I'm glad you like the portraits :)

    I haven't done fairs yet, but my friend (that I featured for my feature friday) has had really good success and invited me to share a booth with her! So excited! I am sure there will be more on that adventure later.

    ReplyDelete