Friday, May 13, 2011

Feature Friday: Mehru


Mehru
designbymehru.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/pages/DesignsbyMehru/124345977620079
twitter.com/#!/designsbymehru

Welcome back to Feature Friday! (I have my fingers crossed that blogger will not crash this time!) Today's featured shop is Mehru. I love her work! It truly is one of a kind. Standing out as a jewelry maker on Etsy can be a challenge, but Mehru's work does just that! Her pieces are completely unique, and I believe there is something for everyone in her shop.

Mehru studied jewelry making and design in Italy, and is now taking what she learned to create pieces that express who she is.


I think this fossil necklace is so neat! The fossil is set in a textured sterling bezel and hung on a green silk cord. It's quite lovely! This next pendant is my personal favorite piece from Mehru.


Mehru doesn't just do jewelry. She also makes gorgeous paintings! This are fairly new to her shop, and they're a great addition! Here are just a couple examples:




In order to get to know Mehru and her work better, I asked her a few questions about her work.

Q: When did you first discover that you enjoyed creating?

A: For me it's just so long ago, I can't think of a specific time when I started enjoying the world of creativity :) However I can say when I first picked up a brush 13 years ago, I felt that it was the beginning of something different, something exquisite. Then there was art, photography and jewelry in my life.

Q: What inspired you to create jewelry, and where does you inspiration for your pieces come from?

A: As child I was so involved with my mother's jewelry; touching them and trying them on few times a week so that was a start. Her amazing taste at jewelry got me really interested in all kinds of ancient jewelry.

Having said that, I get inspired by anything and everything around me. A sound, a color, an object., a photo... the list goes on. :)
Strangest thing for me is that, I get inspired by playing and touching metal and imagining what beauty can come out of one little piece of silver or gold. I believe that in everything I create, there is a piece of me, my thoughts and feelings.



Q: What kinds of shops are you drawn to? Do you have any favorites?

A: Such a hard question, since I love everything hand-made :) I'm drawn to any shop with color and especially with things that surprise me.

My favorite shops- there are so many so here I only mention few them;
AThousandJoys -- I absolutely love the mystical feeling of every single piece in the shop.
kivaford- This shop makes me walk around the magical world of glass..So fragile but so elegant...
Lucy Snowe Photography - Love the photographs in this shop... Every time I look at these photos it gives me such a cozy and relax feeling...

Thanks Mehru for a beautiful interview!

Are you interested in having your shop, website, or blog featured on my blog? Just send me a convo on Etsy or an email at virtuosotrainer@gmail.com and it will be done!

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to be featured here, so exciting... Thank you so much:)

    ReplyDelete