Thursday, April 14, 2011

Feature Friday: ShelleAnne's Splendor

ShelleAnne's Splendor
Twitter: @shelleanne
Blog: ShelleAnnesSplendor.blogspot.com
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShelleAnne


Hello! I am so excited to present this edition of Feature Friday to you all! Rachelle is such a sweet and inspiring person, a great leader, and she has created such a cute shop! In ShelleAnne's Splendor, you will find a bouquet of decorative bobby pins in a rainbow of colors.

There are some other fun items in her shop, like this lovely ring:

Her items are primarily bright and fun, but for those occasions where you need something a little more understated, you could don some of these:

Or these:


These hair things have great gift potential as well! They are sure to bring a smile to anyone who sees them.

In order to become better acquainted with Rachelle and to learn some of her creative wisdom, I asked her a few questions.


Q: What inspired you to begin creating, and how did you decide what to sell in your shop?

A: I have always been crafty and artistic. Right now I consider my shop to be more crafty than artistic. And that's okay; it's the outlet I need right now. I joined Etsy in 2007 as a consumer and lover of Handmade goods and sold my first set of hairpins in 2008. They were hairpins featuring upcycled vintage buttons. Most of my store was like that for a long time, but it has gone through phases and arrived where it is now. I am getting ready to triple my inventory and add some earrings, so stay tuned!

Q: What is your favorite item in your shop?

A: I like anything pink in my shop!

Q: What is your favorite handmade possession?

A: I have a baby blanket that my Mom and sister made me - I still sleep with it. (I know, I know...but it is so soft!)

Q: How has selling on Etsy affected your life?

A: Etsy has dramatically affected my life. I was not always as close to my sister Janae of claireandjanae of Etsy and now we are very close. (Her baby shop is wonderful!) We started chatting about Etsy! So Etsy gave me a best friend. And I have made other friends through Etsy too; it's wonderful!

I am also a co-captain on the team Selection Perfection, which is how I know Heather Rae (who makes Awesome Treasuries!) I love currating Treasuries. I have gotten to know so many of the team members and adore them; our captain, Jessica of ellabelleboutique is so great. I love the talent and diversity on Selection Perfection, and Etsy! It makes me happy!

3 comments:

  1. Those are awesome pictures!

    Very Cool Beans

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Rachelle! I had a lot of fun with it :) Thanks for reading T!

    ReplyDelete