Saturday, April 2, 2011

Shop News Saturday: Schemes and Dreams

Hello! Hope you're having a good Saturday. This week hasn't been quite as eventful as last, but I have come up with a few ideas for my shop!

First off, I am looking for volunteers for Feature Friday. If you are interested in having your shop, website, etc. featured, shoot me a convo or e-mail. I would love to feature you!

Next big news: I am going to do a giveaway! I haven't yet decided what I will be giving away, though it will be something I made (or photographed) myself, and I am open to suggestions :) This giveaway will happen when I reach 30 followers. I will be working towards this goal myself, though it will go faster if you, my current followers, help me out a little!

I received my stinking adorable measuring cups in the mail yesterday from Jill Denton. One thing I love about purchasing from handmade enthusiasts is this:



I mean, who else would give you a free gift for reading their blog, AND wrap it up all cute and put your name on it? I know of nobody else! Too cute.

I signed up to at a fundraiser for the foundation Hope for the change. (for more information on this foundation, read yesterdays Feature Friday) To get ready for this and other summer festivals, I have decided to use up all the supplies I possibly can before June! This has really challenged me to get creative with my supplies. I am going to China in June so I can't spend much money, therefore I have to use the stuff I already have and not buy more. Here's how much stuff I have left:


It's a rather daunting task! Anyway, I made 12 bracelets and 5 pairs of earrings this week:



During the process, I fell more in love with these beads:


They're simple acrylic beads, but their color is so rich! They are lightweight and oh so versatile! I know, I know, lots of jewelry makers use only crystals or high quality glass and gemstones, and I like those things too, but these make for great everyday wear, which is sort of my specialty.

Well, that's about it! Next week you can look forward to more jewelry, as well as some of my (other) little sister's engagement photos!

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. only 10 more followers to go :)
    I have no doubt you'll be able to use up all your supplies by June...you're already off to a great start and I agree, this will be a fun creative challenge! You might end up with some beautiful color/bead combos that you had never thought to try before :)

    ReplyDelete