Friday, April 29, 2011

Garden of Beaden - Feature Friday

Garden of Beaden



Happy Friday everyone (or Saturday as it is for some of my readers :))!

Today's shop is one I found on Etsy's Handmadeology team page. Its such a cute shop! The first thing that caught my eye were these adorable ribbon necklaces. The purple one with pearls is my personal favorite.


For my readers in the UK, I have some great news for you! These fabulous and unque ribbon necklaces are now available from Afflecks Palace in Manchester's Northern Quarter (UK), an alternative shopping emporium housing a great selection of eclectic indie boutiques. You should definitely check it out! I wish I could :)

Mel makes her own clay beads (which you will learn more about in a few sentences), and they are so lovely! Here are some examples of bracelets and earrings that really show them off.


To get to know Mel and her creations better, I asked her a few questions. I hope you enjoy her responses as much as I did!

Q: When did you begin creating, and is there anything in particular that inspired you?

A: I've always been pretty creative and began making jewellery a couple of years ago, but only started working with polymer clay last September. I love the fact that I can create any colour or design of beads and that they are completely unique.

Q: What kind of shops on Etsy are you drawn to? Do you have any specific favorites?

A: I am always drawn to the jewellery shops on Etsy, whether it be handmade, vintage, costume or precious, I'm a huge jewelery fan!

My favourite Etsy shop is JezebelCharms who makes some gorgeous jewellery pieces, but the one I like best is one I recieved as a Mother's Day pressie, which is a brass cuff with a quote from my favourite book, Wuthering Heights, on it!

A: My favourite part of the creative process is actually cooking the beads. The colours can change during the cooking process so the beads can be lighter or darker in shade and sometimes certain aspects which weren't visible in the raw state magically appear after being cooked!

I love designing and creating beads, and especially love making my ribbon necklaces. I am inspired to keep going with my craft due to the fact that each piece is unique as even beads from the same batch aren't identical. The colours, design and prints of both my beads and the ribbons I use mean that the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment